Friday, July 2, 2010

Here we go again

Be prepared, this blog is incorporating a new topic that may not appeal to everyone, for those who are uninterested in this addition, please keep checking in cause I won't be single minded in my postings.

So, I know it's a bit soon to be broadcasting this but I think it needs to be documented. The last time round so many friends had questions for me and I plum couldn't remember the answers to them. So now at least, I'll have an outlet and hopefully I can answer those questions finally!

I'm 9 weeks pregnant. This is usually the time that a couple keeps their news secret because many things can happen. Up until week 12-14, this is known as the first trimester. This is a huge time for me. I'm adjusting to the idea of being pregnant while dealing with all the symptoms that go with it. Thankfully, I have a very supportive husband who is stoked on the idea of number two.

Right now, I am nauseous all the time and the only way I have found to curb this unfortunate side effect is to eat small meals often. The second I go vertical in the morning I eat a bowl of cereal. It's fast, it's delicious, and it really only keeps me full till I can make an egg and some toast.

The other thing that temporarily curbs my nausea is CLIMBING!! I feel better when I'm doing something even though my first inclination is to lay on the couch and do nothing all day long! Which I did for about a week before I figured this secret out.

I have a project. Just completing the first half would be nice but to do the entire thing would set my climbing spirit at ease for the future of my pregnancy. I think it's important to set goals for yourself when you are in your normal state let alone with time constraints and pregnancy. This goal of mine motivates me to get off the couch and not eat cheese burgers all the time!

I still eat cheese burgers occasionally though.

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited to read your thoughts about pregnancy and climbing. I'm not pregnant yet and don't plan to for a few years but would love to hear your perspecitive!!

    ReplyDelete

Write your mind here.